Mini Cart 0

Your cart is empty.

From 1 January 2018, NFTI can be prevented from issuing you with a nationally statement of attainment when you complete your course if you do not have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). If  you have not yet obtained a USI you can apply for it directly at

You will need to provide the Registrar with the following items of personal information as they appear on your identification document:

  • your name, including first/given name(s), middle name(s) and surname or family name
  • your date of birth
  • your city or town of birth
  • your country of birth
  • your gender; and
  • your contact details

You will need to verify your identity by providing one of the following forms of identity:

  • Medicare card
  • Birth certificate
  • Drivers licence
  • Australian passport
  • Citizenship document
  • Certificate of registration by descent, immiCard or Australian entry visa

The personal information about you that we provide to the Registrar, including your identity information, is protected by the Privacy 1988 Cth (Privacy Act). The collection, use and disclosure of your USI are protected by the USI Act.

Privacy Notice

Consent for collection, use or disclosure of personal information

The following is provided to you on behalf of the Student Identifies Registrar (Registrar).

You are advised and agree that you understand and consent that the personal information you provide in connection with your application for a Unique Student Identifier (USI):

  • Is collected by the Registrar as authorized by the Student Identifiers Act 2014
  • Is collected by the Registrar for the purpose of:
    • Applying for, verifying, and giving a USI
    • Resolving problems with a USI; and
    • Creating authenticated vocational education and training (VET) transcripts
  • May be disclosed to:
    • Commonwealth and State/Territory government departments and agencies and statutory bodies performing functions relating to VET for:
      • The purposes of administering and auditing VET, VET providers and VET programs
      • Education related policy and research purposes; and
      • To assist in determining eligibility for training subsidies
    • VET Regulators to enable them to perform their VET regulatory functions
    • VET Admission Bodies for the purposes of administering VET and VET programs
    • Current and former Registered Training Organisations to enable them to deliver VET courses to the individual, meet their reporting obligations under the VET standards and government contracts and assist in determining eligibility for training subsidies
    • Schools for the purposes of delivering VET courses to the individual and reporting on these courses
    • The National Centre for Vocational Education Research for the purpose of creating authenticated VET transcripts, resolving problems with USIs and for the collection, preparation and auditing of national VET statistics
    • Researchers for education and training related research purposes
    • Any other person or agency that may be authorized or required by law to access the information
    • Any entity contractually engaged by the Student Identifiers Registrar to assist in the performance of his or her functions in the administration of the USI system and
  • Will not otherwise be disclosed without your consent unless authorized or required by or under law

The consequences for not providing the Registrar with some or all of your personal information are that the Registrar will not be able to issue you with a USI.

Privacy Policies and Complaints

You can find further information on how the Registrar collects, uses and discloses the personal information about you in the Registrar’s Privacy Policy or by contacting the Registrar on or telephone 1300 857 536, international enquiries +61 2 6240 8740. The Registrar’s Privacy Policy contains information about how you may access and seek correction of the personal information held about you and how you may make a complaint about a breach of privacy by the Registrar in connection with the USI and how such complaints will be dealt with.

You may also make a complaint to the Information Commissioner about an interference with privacy pursuant to the Privacy Act 1988, including in relation to the misuse or interference of or unauthorized collection, use, access, modification or disclosure of USIs.


Be prepared for any outdoors emergency with basic first aid training